Sunday, February 19, 2012

Your Opinion Matters: Surviving 30-days in the Philippines


The best part of my 50th birthday blessings is that I "can" come home to see my children again after 12 years!
Thank you Pam & Kim for your unconditional, non-judgmental love; and making this possible for me!
 Wow!

I got 3-Likes; 12-Comments from facebook friends from my blog yesterday:
Will I survive a 30-days vacation in the Philippines on a $1,000.00 shoestring budget? Here's the tally:

1- Yes "Kaya mo yan!" [You can do it!] from my good friend Vicky Narciso Apuan

1 - Conditional Yes! "provided I use my credit card" from my kumare/godmother of my son Virgie Cobe Rendon

5 - No: a BIG NO, "kulang" [not enough]; would just be at the airport and at home from: Janet Dela Cruz Rigor, Fernando Pautin, Helen Angie Sapiandante, Jesusa Pautin Tan, Bernadette T. Cortez

2- It Depends! - how I handle my money; how I plan my activities from Vicky Antallan, Valentinita Talens

1-Question: How many relatives do I have there? from Dr Lynette Santos Senar

3-Likes: Prudencio Andres, Danny Recente, Irynn Alcantara Abano

Before this blog goes anywhere, allow me to get back as to the "Why" am I doing this blog?

1. to have fun;

2. I desire to generate as much opinion from fellow "vacationers", journers, tourists, pilgrims who had been to the Philippines for a trip, vacation for any other reasons;

3. to probe: is it possible or not [to be able to survive with a $1000.00 for a 30-days vacation in the Philippines]?;

4. to provide a venue for public discussion on the prevailing culture of being a "balikbayan" [homecomer] in the Philippines

Your opinion matters to me, whatever is in your mind, just say it, express it freely! There wouldn't be any judgment whatsover... the ultimate goal is for us to exchange ideas, enjoy our varied, diverse opinion, tolerate each other's wild ideas, brainstorm -- there is no right or wrong answer!

Sige na [come one]!

No comments:

Post a Comment